The collective will perform for the first time on 3 July
In the spirit of the Can-Do festival, the collective hail from across the media and marketing industry and around the world. With varying degrees of experience in music, they have collaborated remotely to create a selection of tracks to entertain the industry.
The band includes:
- James Booth, founder & CEO of Scoota – guitar
- Ella Kerr-McCutcheon, programmatic strategy consultant of JCDecaux – singer
- Andy Dougan, global business partner, geometry – keys/piano
- James Dietz, studio manager, Amplify – drums
- Lydia Ng, business owner, Thinktechniq – bass
- Gina Chow, planning & campaign manager, APAC, Bloomberg Singapore - singer
- Charles Briens, field marketing manager, Europe, Ogury - saxophone
The Drum’s managing director of live events Lynn Lester said: “We wanted to do something a little bit different and decided to pull together a group of people from the industry, from across the world, with varying music strengths and talents to perform during the festival.
"By deliberately throwing them in the deep end, we can prove that collaboration is one of the most vital aspects to achieving great things and with the added pressure of Katie joining, I’m so excited to see what happens.”
Special guest Katie Melua added: “This time feels like a complete restart, so to be making music with creatives from fields like tech and business and when we haven’t met before is gonna be really interesting. Putting a song together with people is one of the most connecting forces in the world so let’s see what happens.”